Block #106, on which the Fippinger Funeral Home is located, was platted and recorded March 19, 1856. This site was the home of John and Arabella C. Thompson who founded the city of Aledo.
On April 24, 1873 John and Arabella C. Thompson sold lots 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the block to John McKinney Sr.
On January 14, 1892 John McKinney died. He bequeathed the house and property to his wife, Mary, and at her death he bequeathed the house and property to his daughter Adelaide. Mary McKinney died April 14, 1908 and Adelaide McKinney exercised her option and took ownership of the residence. Adelaide McKinney died June 30, 1927.
The Honorable James McKinney (Congressman) was then extended an option to buy the house and property from his sister Adelaide’s estate and thus did so owning it from 1928 until his death September 29, 1934. He bequeathed the property to Elizabeth Fulton, Hope McKinney and Margaret Bloomer.
On July 1, 1936, Robert M. Conway purchased this property from Elizabeth Fulton, Hope McKinney and Margaret Bloomer and converted the residence to a Funeral Home, naming it the Wheelan Gustafson Funeral Home.
On July 2, 1945 J.R. Sherrard purchased the funeral home from Robert Conway.